Profile of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector, Wangduephodrang
The National Land Commission Secretariat was institutionalised as an autonomous Agency in August 2007 after the enactment of the Land Act, 2007 during the 87th Session of the National Assembly. With its commencement, the responsibilities such as transfer of land registration from Royal Court of Justice, Thromde land transaction from MoWHS, Resettlement responsibility from MoHCA, Cadastral Re-surveying of all Dzongkhags using most advanced technology and development of a comprehensive land registration system through ICT has been given to the National Land Commission.
The National Land Commission Secretariat consists of two Land Registration Divisions apart from three technical Divisions, PPD & AFD:
- Rural Land Division
- Urban Land Division
The Survey & Land Sectors of 20 Dzongkhags are instituted under the direct supervision of Rural Land Division. Each Survey & Land Sector of the Dzongkhag is headed by the Dzongkhag Land Registrar and is functioned as per the directives of Rural Land Division.
The Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector carries out all the land related services of the entire 15 Gewogs of Wangduephodrang Dzongkhag. The 15 Gewogs comprises of Athang, Bjena, Daga, Dangchhu, Gangtey, Gasetsho Gom, Gasetsho Wom, Kazhi, Nahi, Nyisho, Phangyuel, Phobji, Ruebesa, Sephu & Thedtsho gewogs. The Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector, Wangduephodrang has currently 14 staffs as follows:
- Gyembo, Dzongkhag Land Registrar.
- Dhan Singh Gomden, Sr. Survey Associate.
- Chhimi Tshewang, Sr Surveyor.
- Sangay Dorji, Sr. LLand Record Assistant.
- Tshering Penjor, Surveyor IV
- Kinzang Lhamo, Land Record Assistant.
- Tshering Yangzom, Land Record Assistant.
- Tenzin Choda, Land Record Assistant/Surveyor.
- Dorji, Land Record Assistant/Surveyor.
- Kinley Penjor, Land Inspector V.
- Kharka Bdr. Mongar, Surveyor V
- Chengala, Survey Field Assistant.
- Namgay Wangmo, Temporary Land Record Assistant.
- Namgay Tenzin, Driver
- Land Sector’s Vision and Mission
- A dynamic and professional sector that delivers excellent land services and provides reliable land information to the public.
- Manage, regulate and administer the land ownership and use of land.
- Ensure easy access to reliable land information.
- Improve and strengthen land registration and transaction services through online system.
- Improve and strengthen land cadastral services.
- Mandates of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector
- Land administration and management
- To cater land registration and transaction services
- To prepare new land records as per government directives, carry out land registration and transfer land reflected in Thram
- To maintain the Chazhag Thram of the Gewogs under the safe custody of Dzongkhag Land Sector.
- To maintain records of total acreage of various types of privately registered landholdings and general information on government and public owned land in the kingdom
- To issue copies of Sathram, with respect to land already recorded in the Chazhag Thram of Government, and to provide information indicating the costs and taxes with details of land types to landowners
- To provide information on registered land
- Functions/Responsibilities of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector
- To issue the Land Ownership Certificates (Lagthrams) to the landowners.
- To process for registration of land as per Royal Kasho.
- To maintain up to date information on various land registrations and land types in line with the Land Act 2007.
- To maintain and safeguard the Thrams and related documents at Dzongkhag.
- To correspond with court for thram copy, thram history, transaction history etc for purposes of processing land disputes and investigations.
- To process for normal land transactions (inheritance/sale purchase/gift/exchange/donation/ etc) submitted by the gewogs through online e-sakor.
- To process for acquisition of government and private registered land and allotment of land substitutes and cash compensation to the affected landowners.
- To process for SRF land lease, exchange and other land cases.
- To provide information on registered land.
- To process land conversions like conversion of chuzhing to khimsa, chuzhing to kamzhing and kamzhing to other land categories.
- To conduct land verification of disputes, land exchange of private land with SRF land and other purposes.
- Successive Heads of Survey & Land Sector, Wangduephodrang.
The following individuals were the successive heads of Survey & Land Record Sector, Trashigang till date:
Year Successive Head of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Record Sector
2009 – 2011 --------- Late Sangay Yonten, Acting Land Record Officer.
2012 – 2017 -------- Mr. Kuenzang, Dy. Chief Land Registrar
2018 - till date ------ Mr. Gyembo, Dzongkhag Land Registrar
E. Different land services
The Nationwide National Cadastral Resurvey has been successfully completed in the entire Dzongkhags in 2012. The National Land Commission has also introduced the online transaction system (e-Sakor) in 2008 and currently the online transaction system is operational in all the 20 Dzongkhags where the New Thrams has been issued after completion of the National Cadastral Resurvey. In Wangduephodrang, the New Chazhag Thrams and Lagthrams of 15 Gewogs was issued in 2013.
The following are the various land services provided the Dzongkhag Land Sector:
- General Land Transactions
- land transaction (change of ownership from deceased/inheritance/gift/sale purchase/exchange/donation)
- Registration of land based on Court Verdict.
- Registration of land based on Royal Kasho.
- Land type conversion from Chuzhing to Khimsa.
- Land type conversion from Chuzhing to Kamzhing.
- Thram corrections (for plot/sheet number, plot name, plot merging)
- Thram corrections (for spelling mistake of landowner, village name, ID card number, etc)
- Surrender of Registered Land to Government
- SRF Land Allotment on User Right System.
- Private Land acquisition
- Acquisition with cash compensation
- Acquisition with allotment of land substitute
- Transfer of land between Government Institution.
- Thram omission
- Private land exchange with GRF land.
- GRF land Lease
- GRF land lease for Commercial Agriculture Farming
- GRF land lease for Business Activity
- GRF land lease for Mining Activity
- GRF land lease for Development Activity
- GRF land lease for Tsamdro/Pasture
- GRF land lease for Sokshing
- Miscellaneous Land Services
- Issuance of Land Ownership Certificate (Lagthram)
- Mortgage of registered land for Loan
Prepared by : Gyembo
Dzongkhag Land Registrar