Wangdue primary school was established in the year 1955. It is regarded as one of the oldest schools in the country. However, it had been downgraded in the year 2015 due to the congestion of space and infrastructure inadequacy. The school is located on the table land besides Thimphu - Trongsa highway just above the Wangduephodrang Dzong and adjacent to the Rada Neykhang. It caters the primary education services to almost over 900 plus children yearly. The school currently has 3.8 acres of land. Though the school is very small in area, yet it has the aim to provide primary educational services to each and every student with the broad and balanced quality education in line with the national curriculum. The school is of the conviction in providing wholesome education to bring out best in each child. The school highly regards the child rights on humanitarian ground. The school believes that building quality of relationship amongst teachers and parents is fundamentally crucial to its success in many areas. Hence, the school also promotes the community participation by celebrating the special occasions jointly and asks to be a SMB member and given full power to exercise for the school development plans.