Shataksha Primary School was established in 1976 in Taksha village under Daga Gewog in Wangduephodrang. There were 31 students in LKG with one general teacher as the head and one ZLT. The school was named Taksha Nobding School because it was built near Taksha Nobding Lhakhang. Tak mean tether/tie and sa means place. The school has been receiving WFP supplies since 1978. It has classes ranging from PP-III then. The community found that location of the school was not suitable for future development and up gradation. So the school shifted to present location and renamed it as SHA TAKSHA Primary school. Presently, the school is located on the western slope at a distance of 19 km away from Wangdue-Tsirang high way. It is at an altitude of 1400 meters above the sea level. The school was upgraded to class V in 1998 and VI in 2000.