Section Profile of Dzongkhag Environment Section
A healthy and sustainable environment for present and future generations in pursuit of Gross National Happiness.
To conserve and protect environment through District Environment Committee as one of the Competent Authorities under National Environment Commission as an independent apex body on all matters relating to environment to regulate environmental impacts and promote sustainable environment.
The District Environment Committee is the competent authorities in decision making and coordinating body on all the matters relating to the protection, conservation and improvement of the natural environment at the Dzongkhag level.
The mandate of the District Environment Committee is to:
1. Administer the provisions of the Environmental Assessment Act, 2000 and its Regulations;
2. Screen, Review, Process and Issue Environmental Clearances (EC) as per the List of Activities that the Competent Authorities shall screen and Issue Environmental Clearances;
3. Monitoring of compliance with regulations established under this Act;
4. Providing guidance to other agencies and stakeholders concerning actions required to achieve environmental protection objectives, including specific measures for compliance with environmental clearances;
5. Monitoring of compliance with environmental clearances and other regulations established under National Environment Protection Act 2007, Environmental Assessment Act 2000 and its Regulation and other relevant laws;
6. Ensure implementation of planned activities/programs of the section.
Documents for upload: Initial Environmental Examination Forms for all activities
Name: Rinchen Penjor
Designation: Dy. Chief Environment Officer
Email Id: email@example.com
Contact number: Mobile +975 77758088 / +975 17748584